Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trip to California! Part I - The Farmer's Market and the Shake Shack

Mommy, Daddy and I went on a trip to California this weekend to visit Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie D'Andra, Uncle Jared and to meet my new cousin Emma!! It was so much fun!! We also got to see Auntie Miryha and visit the ocean. I don't have any pictures of me with the new baby, Emma. I was a little sick so Mommy said I wasn't supposed to get too close to the baby. Grandma gave me a few new books and a Minnie Mouse dress. She's the best!!

First we flew from Austin to Phoenix and then we flew to Long Beach. It was super!!

Here I am walking through the Phoenix airport. I'm still in my pajamas.
Rapunzel was keeping close watch behind me.

Here's the airplane we took to Long Beach.

Hi Mommy!!

Since I was so cute, we got a lift to the front of the airport.

Our driver (on the left) was Gabe. He was really nice and a good driver!
The Long Beach airport was super cool!! My Mommy really liked the airport.
She said it was AWESOME!!

After we picked up our rental car we drove down to where Mommy and Daddy went to college and met up with Auntie Miryha at the farmers market. It was so wonderful. There were lots and lots of people and all the stores had free samples! I had so many pieces of peaches, grapes, plums, pears, and oranges that I was all sticky! Mommy took a picture of a tomato that was almost as big as my head. She said it was the biggest tomato she'd ever seen! 

That tomato is HUGE!!!

Yum Yum Yum!! I love tomatoes!!

Then we went down to the coast and went to the Shake Shack to enjoy the view and share the best Strawberry shake I've ever eaten!! YUMMMAAARAAAMAMA!!!

B-E-A-Utiful!!

Ooh... those are some big waves!

Daddy, Auntie Miryha, and I enjoying our shakes!

Mommy said that there are whales out there,
 but I told her we couldn't see them because they live far out at sea.
I kept looking though...  
Ahh... my prince.

The weather was so nice!!

sooo much cooler than Austin!!
Ahh... my queen!

Auntie Miryha, Mommy and me!

It was a great day! Then we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to meet the new baby! Yippee!!! Now I have 5 cousins: Addison, Allison, Anderson, Emery, and Emma! Hey... two of their names start with an E and three start with an A! My name starts with an A too!! If I change my name to Emelia I'd be just like Emma and Emery! Hmm.... I'm going to talk to Mommy.



1 comment:

Love from Rose and Skye said...

Amelia, so great to read about your California adventure, you tell a good story and I can tell you had a really good time. I love your blog, please keep the stories coming, I love to go to the blog page and see something new. I love you forever, Nami