Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New York City - Day 3

I just realized that I never told you about my last day in NYC with Mommy. In the morning we (as you can probably guess) went and had bagels. Did I tell you that I love bagels? I don't know why I can't eat them every day. They are so delicious.

Anyway, after breakfast we took the subway to Chelsea to walk through the Highline Park. It was so cool. Mommy said it used to be an elevated train track that they have now turned into a park. There were pretty flowers, fountains, places for us to sit and relax, and the view was beautiful.

We had such a nice morning just walking through the park!

Here's how the park looked before the city started working on it.
Another picture from before (hey... check out that
awesome building in the background!)

And after! So cool!!


Freedom!!!! No holding Mommy's hand!!

People just relaxing!

I'd never guess I was in the city
(unless I looked up and saw the big buildings!)

Hey mommy... let's go that way!

Ahh... me and my love.

Mommy - why do you always want to take pictures of me?

After we were done walking the Highline we headed up to Midtown (where our hotel was) and picked up Daddy because he was FINALLY done with his meetings. We went down to Bryant Park again to show him around and relax for a while.


After grabbing a bite to eat at Grand Central Station we stopped by Rockefeller Center where we had dessert with former President Bill Clinton. I showed him my new lovey from the piano toy store, he told me all about being president, and mommy just stared at him. She was so silly... he asked her how she was doing and she just said good. She was so excited to meet him that I think she forgot how to talk. Kinda like how I felt when I met Belle at Disneyland. I couldn't figure out what to say either. But he was just an old guy and NOT a princess so I'm not sure what her problem was. 

See... he's back there eating ice cream!



Then we headed to our hotel, picked up our bags, and headed to the airport. We didn't get home until LATE in the night. 

It was a great trip. I can't wait to go back!! 

To end... a picture of Mommy's favorite building.
She said she think's it's magical.



2 comments:

Teresa said...

What - your mom didn't take your picture with the old guy? The park does look cool.

Nami and Poppie, Rose and Skye and Rennie said...

Hey baby-o, you had a great trip, huh? It looks like soo much fun, and you know what? There are great bagels in Austin too!! Love you, Nami