Monday, February 21, 2011

Trip to the Capitol

Today, I got to stay home with Daddy. We played really hard in the morning and then went to have lunch with Mommy.

Then, Daddy and I took a trip to see our state's capitol in Austin! Wow! I kept telling Daddy how huge that building was and how excited I was to go inside.


I was wondering when we were going to run into President Obama. Daddy said that he did not work there and that he worked at another kind of capitol building. I was still sure that I was going to see him though. Daddy and I walked around inside. I really liked visiting the senate and house chambers and looking out under the rotunda.


It was really neat seeing what Daddy said were the DPS troopers protecting the capitol. Three of them got in the elevator once. They looked like cowboys and were very nice to me. I kept cool though. I was not going to go to the pokey today.

Daddy and I would like to go back with Mommy and maybe have a picnic and visit the capitol again. Maybe President Obama will be there next time.

No comments: