Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

I’ve decided to write a few different stories about my trip to St. Louis to visit Nami, Poppie, Auntie Sammy, Uncle Joel, and Allison. The day after Thanksgiving we went with Auntie Sammy, Uncle Joel, and Allison to old St. Charles. It was so cool.


When we first got there we went to the town square and listen to a little boy named Tiny Tim talk about the fact that he doesn’t believe in Santa. I mean come on? What is that all about? Why would anyone even think of something like that. It’s just crazy.


Well anyway, all these people from the town came up to him to try to convince him that he was being silly including:


A Christmas Angel



















The Sugar Plum Fairy












The Town Crier




















and even one of Santa’s Elves!


He could not be convinced. But you know who came and finally convinced him? It was SANTA himself! He and his wife came all the way from the north pole to say hi to all of us and to tell Tiny Tim that he was being silly. Tiny Tim agreed. Santa could only stay for a few minutes before he had to go back to work, but all of the towns people stayed to talk to the children and to give out cards with their photos on them.






I got cards from almost everyone in town. My favorites were the Christmas angel, the Sugar Plum Fairy, Jack Frost, and Santa (of course).





We then walked around town looking in the shops and talking to the towns people. I really liked the store that had the little town in it. It had ice skaters, trains, houses with people dancing inside, and even a farm!


I also got to eat some yummy food. I had a chocolate chip cookie and got to try chestnuts. There was this man who had a fire going on the side of the street and in the fire he had a pan where he was roasting these brown things. Once they were cooked they popped open and inside was the yummy chestnut. It was delicious. I don’t know how to describe it, but I just had to have more and more! I wonder where Mommy or Daddy could get some in Texas?


Oh yeah… and one of the best parts of the morning was that I got a new puppy!! I got a big Scotty dog. Her name is Scotty too. She has a red and green scarf and is soft and pretty. I think might it be little Scotty’s mommy.


I had a really great time!


1 comment:

Love from Rose and Skye said...

Great story--and pictures, how about some more? Love to see more and more pictures of you :) And we LOVEd having you and your mom and dad here with us... it was great! Love you, Nami and Poppie and Rose and Skye and Rennie