Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Big Girl Bed!

Ok... so now that you know who I am, I've got to tell you of my newest adventure. So I really feel like I'm getting too big for my crib. While I love my crib I feel like it is time for me to stretch out and try something new. I talked to mommy and daddy and they agreed so I'm moving into a big girl bed! Last weekend we went out and they bought me a new bed! Mommy and daddy decided that it would be fun to paint it and I went with mommy to pick out the paint color. I chose a pretty pink (my mom says it is dusty rose) color that reminded me of my favorite nightgown. To get it ready, Daddy and I sanded the bed. I was really good at it, but I got this powdery stuff all over me. I looked like I had been rolling around in the dirt. Then I watched while mommy and daddy painted the bed, but I was not allowed to touch the paint. I did get it in my hair and on my shirt but hey, I was dancing and trying to ride my tricycle while they were painting and sometimes the bed got in my way! Well it looks so pretty.

So on Monday night we finally got it up in my room. I love it! There is room for all my puppies and still room for me! They do like to jump off the bed more often then they jumped out of my crib so I've been having to talk to them about staying on the bed. It was so great sleeping in my bed and I fell asleep right away. I remember mommy coming in during the night to check on me and she changed my position. I liked to sleep all over the place in my crib, but I guess in a big girl bed you're supposed to keep your head at the top. During the night I found out why... I was asleep and then all of a sudden I was awake and laying on the floor. It was very strange. I felt fine but couldn't understand how I got there. My mommy came in to check on me right as I was climbing back in bed and it was then when I realized that I had fallen out of my bed. Oops!! Somehow she knew exactly what had happened.

Even though I fell out of bed my first night I love it! I want to go up to my room all the time so I can play in my bed. I love that mommy or daddy can lay with me as they read to me. I really am getting to be a big girl!

No comments: